Welcome to yEd Q&A!
Here you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community and yEd developers. And you can tell us your most wanted feature requests.


Wouldn't it make more sense to call it "Connector Types" rather than "Edge Types"?

+1 vote
I'm wondering why you call the connector-selection window "Edge Types". Wouldn't "Connector Types" be better?

In this kind of app, "edges" usually refers to the sides of the objects where you attach the connectors, not the connectors themselves. What do you think? Cheers, ander
in Feature Requests by (380 points)
retagged by

1 Answer

0 votes

Well, we use the term "edge", because yEd is a graph editor and in graph theory, the formal term for a line connecting two endpoints is edge.

by [yWorks] (160k points)
I see... Thanks for explaining—that's quite interesting!
I take your point (or should that be vertex?), however...

It's almost immaterial that your terminology is "technically correct".
If (and it is an if - I don't have any stats to make the point one way or the other, so I'm posing it as a question) a large percentage of your user base find your terminology confusing then this would still fall under the category of 'poor usability / user experience'.
In my mind, things like this make me think of yEd as "quirky" and "unintuitive" rather than "correct".
Legal Disclosure | Privacy Policy