This layout algorithm is a modification of the hierarchical layout tailored for diagrams according to the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN). Dedicated symbols for nodes and edges can be found in the section BPMN of the palette.
The BPMN layout supports the following layout modes:
- Full layout
- Calculates a new layout from scratch.
- Route Selected Edges
- Routes only selected edges. The location and size of all nodes in the diagram remains unchanged.
- Integrate Selected Elements
- Selected nodes or edges will be integrated into the current layout. The existing layout will only be slightly adjusted.
- Use Drawing as Sketch
- The current drawing will be interpreted as a sketch of the final layout.
Specifies the main orientation of the layout.
- The main orientation will be chosen automatically.
- Top to Bottom
- The main orientation will be from top to bottom.
- Left to Right
- The main orientation will be from left to right.
Minimum Node Distance
Determines the minimum distance between two nodes.
Minimum Edge Distance
Determines the minimum distance between two edges.
Minimum Pool Distance
Determines the minimum distance between two pool nodes.
Lane Border Insets
Determines the minimal distance between the border of a swimlane and its containing elements.