This tool window presents the hierarchical structure of the graph shown in the active editor window using a tree-like view. For each node from the graph there is an entry showing the label of the node. For group nodes special entries are used that can be expanded and collapsed.
Nodes that are contained in a group node are arranged below the group node's entry
in the Structure View and are slightly indented.
When the group node's entry is collapsed or expanded, all entries for nodes it contains are accordingly hidden and again shown, respectively.
Within the Structure View, the following mouse gestures are available:
- A mouse click on a (group) node's entry causes the corresponding (group) node in the active editor window to become selected. Multiple selections can be achieved by additionally holding down either the SHIFT or CTRL key.
A mouse double-click on a (group) node's entry causes the viewport of the active
editor window to be moved, so that the corresponding (group) node appears centered.
Note: The same effect can be achieved using 'Focus node' from the entry's context menu.
- The hierarchical structure of a graph can be modified by dragging a (group) node's entry onto another entry (using a mouse drag gesture).
If you enter search term into the Search field the first matching entry in the Structure View gets selected. All entries are matching which start with the search term ignoring case. The selection is adapted as you type. If no entry matches your search term this is indicated by the Search field turning red. If you entered a search term which matches several entries you can select the next matching entry by pressing the ENTER key. A shortcut for deleting the search term is to press the ESCAPE key.
Advanced options for finding elements in the current graph are provided by the Selector tool (Edit >> Find...).
The context menu for entries of (group) nodes in the Structure View makes available the following functionality:
- Focus node
- The viewport of the active editor window is moved, so that the corresponding (group) node appears centered.
- Edit label
- Opens an editor to edit the label text.
- Opens the properties dialog of the corresponding graph element.